Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The RLC Fair

Mr Cakewalk

Last Thursday evening was the annual RLC Fair. We had a great time there!!!

In preparation, I made a cake for the Cake Walk. There was a small cultural misunderstanding!! I made Mum's good chocolate cake recipe and was happy to walk it up to school. I decided to leave it uniced, as I like to have it with cream. Liam carried it into the gym proudly and we both stopped in our tracks......all the other cakes were party cakes! There were cars, fairies, sport-themed cakes....and we had a chocolate cake baked in a loaf tin!!! I had a laugh about it.

That was, I laughed until Liam WON a round of the cakewalk and chose this cake.......

This was the cake we came home with.
I hope the person who ended up with mine wasn't too disappointed!


Licorice Roll

There were lots of stalls and games at the fair. Liam's class was on the Licorice Roll. They had a big dice and whatever number came up was the number of pieces of licorice you won! I was on the stall for a while and it was good fun. Licorice here is red and not aniseed flavoured. Soft black licorice is called "Aussie-style" licorice, and then there is dutch licorice.

 Liam had his face painted and he and Phoebe enjoyed the bouncing castles, food and candy that was available.






I was excited to win the silent auction for a tour of the local dairy, the one we visited just after we arrived. I hope to take Pascale and Lucie when they are here.
 
Showing Mrs Machuk

Phoebe and Spiderman




No comments:

Post a Comment