Saturday, October 3, 2020

Cold, so cold!!!


Well, I have spent many years thinking and saying that anything under 0 is cold, and it all sort of feels the same.

I was wrong!!!

In the week prior to our departure we had very low temps, the lowest of which was -27 with a windchill of -35. That was cold. So cold, in fact, that there was a frostbite warning of less than 5 mins!! Wow. Fortunately my friends thought of me and my walk to school to drop off and collect Liam and Kim very kindly came to the rescue until I organised to have the car.

Liam and Phoebe and I stood outside just to see how it felt, and it was, indeed, cold.

As our farewells began I had a great week out! Kim and I hit McCracken's for the Cactus Jack chicken burger and some keno while Michelle kindly looked after Phoebe who loved having a playdate with Morgan.

Later in the week Phoebe and I were out with Louise, Nico and Kim and Louise's friend Jane for a sushi banquet. It was very tasty!

On Friday night Frank was farewelled by his colleagues at Mike's place. It was a very big night that finished at 4am and had Frank lying low the next day!

On Saturday night we hit the Noble Pig with Cynthia and Bruce for a very pleasant evening.

On Sunday afternoon we returned to 'the pig' with Louise and Kim and families for an afternoon of beer and appies. What a great way to while away an afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment