Monday, August 1, 2011

pow wow wow!!!

We had a few days R&R before heading off on the next adventure. We did some shopping, visited the Farmers' Markets, Museum and Arts and Crafts Gallery as well as lunching at Senor Froggy!

An unexpected delight was discovering the Kamloops pow wow. I wasn't really aware that pow wows happened anymore!

Phoebe
Inside the pit house


We spent the morning at the First Nations museum and then thought we might drop in at the pow wow. We had heard that the last day (of the three day event) was singing and dancing. What we saw was so beautiful and unexpected for me that I felt like I was a little Victorian-age girl coming across an exotic scene I had only ever read about! The costumes were spectacular, the participants of all ages and the atmosphere was happy and calm. It was a really great experience.

 Some pow wow scenes......







No comments:

Post a Comment